Wednesday, May 17, 2006

FAILED!!!

I didn't think I'd build up the tension, I failed. Not that badly though, if that's any consolation - it wasn't at the time - but now a couple of hours later and another hour and a half ride back from Brighton it is, a bit. I failed on two serious things - observation, not enough 'lifesaver' looks over the shoulder before a manoeuvre and going too slowly in a 'National Speed Limit Applies' zone. Fair enough really. I knew I should be looking more, and the speed issue was not figuring out where a 40mph zone ended and 'normal speed' began. A bit annoying that, because in a car I don't really think too much about not going fast enough, I'm more worried about too fast.
Anyway, apart from that I had very few 'points'. You're allowed to rack up 15 points (one an error) in the test before you fail - I had 6 points.
The examiner actually complimented me on my riding and control which was nice of him. My U-turn was perfect! but when it comes down to it, I failed. Sorry!
I've booked another test in two weeks time - so I have to go through all this again.
If I look at it objectively, I know that I'm a much better rider than I was last week - 50 times better. Safer, more confident and I have the experience of the test, which wasn't actually too bad. Next time I'll pass!

4 Comments:

At 7:51 pm, Blogger Unkle Rupert said...

Better luck next time, glad to hear the examiner appreciated your ride, I know you never usually get any complaints, so good to keep up 100% record there.

As you say, you have the experience of the test now, I'm sure you'll be ok in 2 weeks.

James asked me to send good vibes, Anne Summers was sold out, I'll try again next week ready for the next test, although how a Vibe is gonna help you stay on the saddle I don't know. Each to there own eh?

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger john h said...

Cheers Unkle Rupert, I knew I could count on you for top quality innuendo - it all helps.

 
At 6:56 am, Blogger Unkle Rupert said...

My lady asked for an innuendo last night, I gave her one.

 
At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how it feels because i have my test in 2 weeks aswell and im crappin it i dont know whether ill pass or fail but pretty sure ill pass as i have been ridin for years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home